With stone fruits in season, a few ripe peaches is a wonderful way of flavouring the good old chicken crock pot staple dish!
- 1 kg chicken (I prefer thigh fillets, but anything goes)
- 3 peaches, skins left on, stones removed and sliced
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, processed into rice-like consistency
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, peel left on, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper (not too hot, but use less if you don’t like spicy food)
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish
Preheat over to 200C.
Wash and process cauliflower into a rice like consistency and place in the bottom of the crock pot.
Sear the chicken fillets on a pan until they get some colour on them and then layer them on top of the cauliflower. Layer rest of the ingredients and spices on top of the chicken and finish with a layer of lemon.
Place the crock pot in the oven and let it cook without a lid for about an hour. Once the peaches let out a lot of liquid, mix the lot a round a few times, to flavour throughout.
Serve with fresh herbs and slices of lemon and enjoy!