This is one of those things whipped up from an ’empty’ fridge that turned out delicious – loosely inspired by traditional Spanish dish Huevos a la Flamenca. Not only is this tasty, it’s also a great way to clean the fridge!
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 capsicum, finely diced
- ~100g of meat (bacon/chorizo/turkey breast/etc) cut long and thin
- 1/2 can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil (from the antipasto jar if possible!)
Sauté onions and garlic in a pan. Add meat, zucchini and capsicum. Continue to cook through. Add tomatoes, extra oil, spices, salt to taste. Simmer for 10 or so minutes while poaching an egg.
Transfer sauce into a bowl, place egg on top and enjoy!