I have always been a big fan of stuffed capsicums. The problem was I used to stuff them with a rice based mix. In this recipe, I’m using mushrooms to replace the rice – and they’re yummy!
- 500g organic beef mince (you can also use pork)
- 1 big onion, chopped small
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped small
- 4 big mushrooms, peeled and chopped small
- Chillies to your liking, sliced
- 4 big capsicums, topped and emptied into cups
- ground pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper and salt to season (or as
Pre-heat over to 180C.
Fry garlic on a pan until fragrant. Add in onion and fry until see-through.
Add in chillies and meat and season while cooking. Add in mushrooms and cook until done. Adjust seasoning to your liking. I like it spicy so I was very heavy-handed with the chillies and Cajun pepper.
Set emptied capsicum cups in a baking dish and stuff them with the mixture.
Place in the oven and cook for 15-25 minutes, or until the capsicum is cooked through and the stuffing is browned on top.
Garnish with fresh herbs and greens – basil and rocket go especially well.