Thai Spicy Pork Mince Salad recipe (Larb Moo)Posted by Tanja on Jul 12, 2013 in Paleo Meal Recipes, Paleo Recipes | 1 comment
A healthy paleo twist on an old Thai favourite.
Deliciously hot as well as quick & easy to cook!
Makes 2 large or 3 smaller servings.
- 500f pork mince
- 100ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp dry chillies, roasted and ground*
- 2 tbsp cashews, roasted and ground
- 2 tbsp minced spring onion
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- cabbage to line plates
- cucumber, tomatoes, etc (on the side to cool the hotness)
Squeeze limes and prepare all other ingredients into bowls. Roast chillies and cashews in a pan and grind/smash/chop roughly. Line plates with cabbage a plenty and arrange cucumber sticks on the side.
Pour 3/4 of the lime juice with pork, mix well. Squeeze excess lime juice into a hot pan (no need to add any oil). Wait for juice to boil, then proceed to cook the mince until very well cooked – preferably crispy.
Once mince is fully cooked, transfer into a big bowl and add in all remaining ingredients (remaining lime juice, mint leaves, chillies, cashews, spring onion, shallots and fish sauce). Mix well.
Transfer onto cabbage leaves and enjoy!
* I like it hot, so you might want to add the chilli in little by little to reach optimal hotness. On the other hand, you might want to pile some additional fresh chopped Thai chillies on top of your salad.