The best way to stop you from snacking on processed snacks loaded with sugar and other nasties, is to stock up on home-baked healthy alternatives!
Makes roughly two dozen cookies
- 3 large apples, peeled, and grated
- 1/3 cup organic dried currants
- 2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- A pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Pre-heat oven to 175c (350f).
Peel & grate apples into a bowl. Process macadamia nuts into a rough crumble, add into the bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
Shape into cookies on baking paper (I used egg rings to get them even) and bake for 25-30 minutes – or until edges begin to turn brown.
Let cool off for 10 minutes and enjoy!
(*recipe adapted from this one)Apple & cinnamon cookies recipe